Vitamin E is one of the essential nutrients required by our body system. It not only supports our cell membranes and brain cells but also strengthens our muscles, heart, nerves, skin and increases the flow of blood. One can use Vitamin E oil as a curing agent. There are numerous sources from where we can get the required Vitamin E nutrients such as vegetables like broccoli, spinach and fruits like mangoes and raspberries. With the advancement of technology numbers of vitamin E supplements are available in the market these days having antioxidant and anti aging properties which can be used in place of Vitamin E oil. Let us have a look at the benefits of Vitamin E oil for face and how to use it.
How to use Vitamin E Oil For Face
- Vitamin E for face Moisturizing
Vitamin E oil has an excellent moisturizing effect. Make sure you wash your face with soap and lukewarm water and dry it before applying the oil. Put the oil in small quantities with the help of a cotton ball. Keep it overnight and wash it in the morning. It will not only moisturize your skin but will also give it a glow. Vitamin E oil for face should be used twice a week and not as a daily moisturizer. Have a glance at few more facial mask recipes which might help you in moisturizing your skin–
- Honey and Vitamin E oil face mask
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 egg yolk
Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl and apply it on your face. Keep it for about 10-12 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water when the mask has dried completely. Avoid using cold water as it can leave the traces of the mask on your face.
- Vitamin E oil and banana facial mask
- 1 banana, peeled and mashed (medium sized)
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
Mix the mashed banana with vitamin E oil and apply it on your cleaned face. Avoid contact with eyes. Rest the paste for about 10-15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water to remove the mask easily.
- Prevent and relieve sunburn
Vitamin E oil can be used as a sun cream for the face. You can even mix it with your sun cream for effective results.
How to use – Apply sun cream before going out in sun daily. Make sure that you apply it at least 20 minutes before you leave. Vitamin E oil can also be used to cure minor sun burn damages.
- Clean and tone your face
Vitamin E oil also acts as a toning and cleaning agent.
How to use – Pour some vitamin E oil on a piece of cotton and clean your face with it. Rub the cotton in circular motions on your skin. This will leave your face both clean and toned.
- Fade birthmarks
Birth marks at unwanted places can make you feel conscious and embarrassed. Vitamin E oil can be used to fade or reduce the prominence of scars sometimes. Though this method has not being proved scientifically but many have reported its success. Being a natural product experimentation can always be done with it.
How to use it – Put some Vitamin E oil on cotton and rub it at the affected areas. Keep rubbing the oil until it is absorbed into the skin. Repeat the process twice daily to get the best results.
- Remove scars-
Vitamin E oil for face can also be used to remove scars. In this case also there have been no scientific studies to prove the same but many have personally accepted its use.
Do not use on fresh scar – Make sure you do not apply vitamin E oil on fresh scars because it can hurt. Wait till the scars sealed. If you have undergone a surgery and wish to remove its scar consult your doctor about applying it.
- Heal chapped lips and cold scores
Chapped lips are not only embarrassing but painful too. Vitamin E oil can also be used to heal chapped lips and cold sores. Apply on the infected areas few times a day to experience best results.
- Prevent skin cancer –
Vitamin E oil can also be used to prevent skin cancer. The oil contains strong antioxidant properties which protects the skin against sun thus preventing skin cancer.
- Fight wrinkles and age spots
Wrinkles and aging spots are created due to overexposure of sun and UV rays. You can cure these by using Vitamin E oil for face at regular intervals. The oil has properties which help in the production of collagen and thus keeps the skin elastic and prevent wrinkles. It not only helps in preventing wrinkles but also can be used to remove the existing wrinkles.
Tips and cautions of using vitamin E oil on face
- Be patient while waiting for results – Vitamin E oil has natural ingredients and are thus safe to use. One can use it without worrying about artificial colors and fragrances or sulphates. Being a natural element the results usually take time to occur. One should be patient and should not hope that the results will occur overnight. It is advisable for people with oily skin to avoid its usage.
- Check for allergic reactions – Allergic reaction can occur by any product. It is very important to test for any allergic reaction before using it. Rub a little portion of the oil on your hands to check whether you are allergic to it or not.
- Wash with warm water – It is better to wash with lukewarm water after using it rather than cold water.
- Avoid eye contact – It is quite common of vitamin E oil entering the eyes while applying it in the areas below the eyes. In case of contact with eyes wash it immediately with warm water to reduce the irritation.
- Use vitamin E capsules – Vitamin E capsules can be used as a substitute to Vitamin E oil for face. These capsules can be used to extract Vitamin E oil.
Vitamin E is an important nutrient for our face. It helps in removing scars, fighting wrinkles, healing chapped lips, preventing skin cancer, fading birthmarks, cleaning and toning, preventing and relieving sunburn, moisturizing the skin and many more. Many fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamin E and can be consumed to increase the nutrient content in the body. Plenty of vitamin E supplements are also available which can be used as a substitute to oil. The oil is also known to be used as an anti-aging product and contain antioxidant properties which are beneficial for the skin, hair and face. One should be careful while using the oil on the face. Testing is an important step before using it. Test on those areas where allergic reactions can be managed. People with oily skin should avoid using it. Last but not the least use the oil as an overnight face treatment product and make sure you do not use it more than twice a week.