Sleepytime tea is a naturally produced herb tea manufactured and sold by celestial seasonings. The main ingredients of this drink include blackberry and hawthorn leaves, chamomile, orange blossoms, lemon grass, tillia flowers and even spearmint. The company celestial seasonings make it very clear that this drink is a complete all natural product that is free of any kind of calories or caffeine. Though all this is very helpful to the body the over consumption of even a good thing may lead to issues and that is why it is necessary for you to go through the following write up before indulging in this product.
Sleepytime tea Benefits and side effects
Given below are the overall benefits and side effects of the ingredients present in this tea so as to help you make a decision as to whether this product is for you or not-
- Orange Blossoms
It is a well-known fact that orange blossoms have been used for centuries to help fight anxiety and depression and even insomnia. Other benefits of this wonderful addition are clean and healthy bowel movements and so on.
If you notice at any point in time that you are suffering from certain side effects when drinking sleepytime tea then stop consumption immediately and consult your doctor. It is also better that pregnant women try and avoid drinking this tea lest some side effects occur.
Rosebud present in this tea has been well known to firstly fight depression help insomnia and even increase digestion capacity in the body. However, this has not been fully confirmed yet. Below, however, are some confirmed benefits:
- Vitamin C.Vitamin C firstly helps your skin look more radiant. Secondly, it helps you to absorb more iron in your body along with boosting your immunity to a large extent. Rosebud is said to contain at least 50% of vitamin C but this becomes moot once the rosebud is dried making it a very valid ingredient in sleepytime tea.
- Antioxidants to help fight cancer.Rosebud is well known to contain antioxidants that help to fight against cancer but not many people know that rosebud also contains catechin polyphenol which is a very strong counter against the build up of cancer in your body making it a valid ingredient in sleepy time tea.
Side effects of rosebud in the tea:
Side effects are not common in rosebud contained in this drink but there has been an occasional outburst which includes headaches, heart burns and so on.
- Hawthorn berries
- Cardiovascular benefits.There are many kinds of benefits to your health when it comes to hawthorn berries present in it of which some of the most notable benefits are to your heart making your heart muscle stronger and periodic.
- Anti-Inflammatory.Hawthorn berries present in sleepytime tea have a very strong anti-inflammatory substance that works well to reduce inflammation on any area of your body along with dealing with high blood pressure on various scales as well.
Possible Side Effects of hawthorn berries in the tea:
- Stomach aches.Though hawthorn is completely natural when used in the drink some issues have arisen where people have suffered nausea or vomiting. Though this is a very mild issue if the issue persist it is always better to get medical help immediately because this could be the starting stages of a mild heart attack as well.
- Dizziness/headaches.It is also a normal issue at times to go through a bout of headaches or dizziness because your body might not be accustomed to natural hawthorn in your tea but if the issue persists get your doctor’s help immediately.
- Sweating or fatigue.Excessive sweating occurs quite frequently from the consumption of these berries in sleepy time tea along with a sudden lack of energy sometimes because the tea is most commonly taken at night to help induce a calm sleep.
Pregnant women should strictly avoid drinking this tea.
- Spearmint leaves
- Digestion Improvement.Spearmint leaves are very healthy for the body and are provided to both adults and children by trained doctors to help get rid of issues with digestion and even nausea. Spearmint leaves used in sleepytime tea are very effective against morning sickness as well.
- Respiratory system health.Spearmint leaves primarily contain menthol that helps to clear out your respiratory tract and cure a cold when necessary.
- Soothing properties.Spearmint has a very acute soothing process that can be used very wisely as research shows in treating depression and even curing stress or tension. It has several applications in the depression field and takes no time in acting for your betterment.
Side effect possibilities:
- Kidney problems.Though spearmint in sleepy time tea is good for you at the end of the day eating or drinking too much of anything is very bad for your body and in this cases many issues may arise if too much spearmint is consumed causing your kidneys to slow their processing rate causing your blood to get waterlogged which adversely causes brain swelling.
- Other concerns.Spearmint is a very well known natural product but at times it does not mix well with the available medication that you are taking making it necessary that you consult your doctor before drinking it.
- Blackberry leaves in sleepy time tea
Blackberry leaves have been very well known to contain a ton of benefits whether a person would use it as a tea or even a mouthwash.
- Diarrhoea. Blackberry leaves in the drink helps to relieve Diarrhoea to a great extent.
- Anti-Inflammatory.One of the most integral benefits of blackberry leaves in sleepytime tea is that it helps to treat sores and ulcers to a great extent ranging from the mouth to the throat.
- Ulcers in the stomach.Intestinal ulcers along with inflammations in the stomach can be treated easily with the help of blackberry leaves in it.
Liver damage. There are two primary side effects to blackberry leaves in the drink which include upset stomachs and vomiting which is a basic issue but if taken extensively for a long period of time then blackberry leaves can cause liver damage on varying scales.
Large amounts of blackberry leaves can cause Diarrhoea rather than curing it which is why you must take the consultation of your doctor before consuming it.
Lemon Grass is a common ingredient in this tea.
Benefits of lemon grass in sleepytime tea:
- Calming to the mind.Lemongrass has many benefits of which one of them is that Lemongrass is very calming and helps to deal with depression and insomnia easily.
- Antibacterial properties.Lemongrass also helps to strengthen your immune system and helps you fight off colds and coughs easily with its anti bacterial properties thus making it a valid addition to the drink.
- Menstrual cramps.Lemongrass like chamomile flowers help to treat a person’s menstrual cramps as naturally as possible giving the lady a sense of peace for a period of time.
- Cholesterol and indigestion.Lemongrass contains properties that help you maintain adequate cholesterol levels in your body which is great against indigestion making it one of the best ingredients to sleepy time tea.
- Allergic reactions.There have been only a few recordings of people suffering when drinking sleepytime tea which contains lemongrass. This problem is mainly based on the respiratory system at times.
- Higher risk of miscarriage.It is advised that pregnant ladies stay away from this as lemongrass helps to reduce pain from menstrual cramps which will directly affect the growth of the baby.
- Tilia Flowers
Lime tree flowers or tilia tree flowers have a number of benefits that they have to offer when mixed with it.
- Antibacterial immune booster.Tilia flowers like chamomile contain properties that are antibacterial and immune boosting in nature.
- Tilia also contains properties that help to keep your throat and intestines healthy and also help reduce inflammation in a number of areas around the body.
- Anti-anxiety.Tilia is also used to treat anxiety on various levels,
- Muscular contractions can also be reduced using tilia leaves in sleepy time tea.
Possible Side Effects:
Effects on the cardio vascular muscle. This is not a common issue but it has come up once or twice nonetheless where the heart is damaged by drinking too much sleepytime tea due to the presence o tilia.
- Chamomile flowers
- Better sleep.Chamomile is a very strong ingredient in sleepytime tea which helps a person to sleep better and has been used for hundreds of years for this concept.
- Relieve upset stomachs.Chamomile helps to heal upset stomachs to a great extent making it one of the best ingredients for this concoction.
- Ease menstrual cramps.The Ancient Egyptians used chamomile flowers to help with menstrual cramps.
- Immune booster.Chamomile tea is full of antibacterial properties that do well to fight against colds and even helps to boost the immune system.
Possible Side Effects:
- Allergic reactions.There have been people who have had severe allergic reactions when taking chamomile in the drink.
- Chamomile is a uterine stimulant that increases the risk of miscarriage.
- Higher risk of bleeding.Chamomile contains coumarin which increases blood flow in your body and increases blood loss for people who tend to bleed a lot.
- This is regarded as a herbal depressant when taken with sleepytime tea thus you will undergo drowsiness after drinking this tea.