Toned arms are the dream of every individual. However, it is not so easy to get. You have to maintain an overall controlled diet to lose weight in your Arms. Just focusing on your arms and letting the rest of your body go out of shape won’t help you in any way as fat deposition needs to be eliminated from the entire body even if you want to tone a particular part of your body.
Well toned, slimmer arms can be achieved by eating right and exercising right. If you concentrate on your arms more while exercising, you will see visible results in just a few days. However, before we go into the details of the exercise routines that can help us, let us have a look at the required diet that we need to consume.
Related Post : Learn to lose 10 pounds in 10 days
Diet to Lose Weight in Your Arms
- Breakfast – A good and healthy breakfast with the right amount of protein can give your body just the right kind of boost to carry out a healthy workout routine. People consuming high fiber diet with lots of protein are more likely to lose weight and get a toned figure than those who skip breakfast or have less protein during breakfast. Having the right amount of breakfast for your body will also make you feel full enough to not need more snacks throughout the day.
- Drinking spring water – Drinking spring water between meals is considered to be good for the health as it increases metabolism and helps you digest your food more quickly. This can also prevent dehydration in our body by relieving our stress hormones. However, having too much water in between meals can also be dangerous as it can make you feel bloated, rendering you unable to finish your meals. If you want to tone your arms and get slimmer arms, you should actively stay away from coffee and soft drinks of any sort.
- Reducing intake of calories – You should create a gradual deficit of calories by consuming lesser and lesser amount of high calorie food. It is crucial to take your time with this as reducing the calorie intake drastically can have adverse effects on the body and make you suffer from malnutrition. Reducing calories will help you on your quest to lose weight.
- Healthy diet – Maintaining an overall healthy diet is key to getting slimmer arms. Just cutting back on high calorie and fatty foods and eating foods with more protein content can help you. Vegetables and fruits make great substitutes for all the fatty and cholesterol filled food that you have to leave behind. Meats, whole grains and dairy products are also a desirable addition. Also, instead of eating a few large portions of food, you should practice the habit of eating multiple smaller portions of food throughout the day as it helps the body to digest the food faster.
Related Post: GM Diet: General Motors Diet
Workout Routine to Lose Weight in Your Arms
- Shrugs – In this routine, you have to stand up with your legs shoulder length apart, and carry weights in each hand. Then you have to lift your arms and shoulder as if you are shrugging, and then slowly bring them back down to your sides.
- Biceps curl – Sit on the side of a bench with your legs apart. Place your left elbow on your knee and hold a dumbbell in your right hand and curl the dumbbell upwards and downwards slowly. Repeat the process for 12 to 15 times for each hand, and you will feel the pull of muscles in your arms soon enough.
- Dumbbell fly – Hold the dumbbells at shoulder level and slightly bend your elbows. Then open and close your arms, maintaining the distance between the arms all the while. Do this for around 10 to 12 times.
- Push ups – Push ups are the most common type of workout to get well toned arms and shoulders. You should do it for a minimum of 12 to 15 times per day for it to have full effect. Just lie down flat on your face on the floor and place your palms on the floor at shoulder level. Keep your feet apart and balance yourself on your palms and toes, and then push your body upwards, letting the whole weight of the body fall on your arms.
- Triceps dumbbell extension – This is a very effective arm exercise and should be practiced every 2 to 3 days. Just stand up holding a dumbbell in your left hand, stretch it upwards and then curl the arm so that the dumbbell is right behind your head. Hold the position for a few seconds and then repeat with the other hand.
Cardio workouts are the best when it comes to burning fat effectively. Any kind of fat burning activity can be considered to be a cardio exercise, be it swimming, cycling, dancing or doing aerobic exercises. You can even jog and walk and run on the treadmill as these are also ideal cardio workout routines. Cardio not only help you lose weight but also strengthens your heart by pumping more blood. Having alternate days of moderate and intense cardio can give you the slimmer arms that you so desire. Try to increase the duration of the workout routines with each passing day.