Losing too much weight in too short time is usually dangerous if involuntary. But someone is obese or on the verge of obesity, they may want to target a huge target of weight loss in a short time period. To achieve this goal, however, a drastic lifestyle change is required. This may help you with the 3 Easy Steps on How to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month.
How to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month with 3 Easy Steps
A proper weight loss program should be maintained throughout the period evenly. To lose 20 pounds in 30 days means losing 0.66 pounds extra weight daily. This may be achieved quite easily by following a balanced diet program and a proper weight loss exercise regime.
- Prepare for Losing Pounds :- . First step answering on how to lose 20 pounds in a month : Prepare your body and mind to achieve the great goal.
Understand BMR. To undergo any type of weight loss program one must understand the basic metabolic rate (BMR) of the body. It is the rate at which the body burns calories throughout the day, just by living and breathing ( http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/). Once you are aware of it, you can now determine how much exercise is required to increase the BMR to your targeted weight loss.
Determine Calories Burn Goals. To determine your calorie burn goal one needs to first know their BMR. You then multiply your BMR with your activity level. This will help you to understand how much activity needs to be infused in your daily habits to burn extra calories to help you reach your target weight loss per day. They need to multiply their BMR with the following numbers according to their activity level as below:
- People with sedentary lifestyle =bmr x 1.2
- People with light activity like light exercise 3 days a week= BMR x 1.375
- Moderate activity means light exercise five days a week or some active hobby sports= BMR x 1.55
- Very active people means who does heavy exercises at leats six days a week =BMR x 1.725
- Very active people who do intense workouts daily= BMR x 1.9
- Cut Calories :- 2nd answering on how to lose 20 pounds in a month : First and foremost cut down on calories. For doing so, various methods can be implemented.
- Cut Calories When Preparing Foods. The best way to cut down calories is to cook low carbohydrates food. This can be done by changing the cooking method from frying to steaming and baking can make a drastic effect. Also, poultry with skin, and bread crumbs and various other high-calorie food should be avoided. This will help us to lose 20 pounds in a month in a month with ease.
- Add Fat Burning Foods. Following impractical diet plans which starve you throughout the plan should be avoided. In fact, a good dietician suggests you eat food that helps you burn calories. He should eat seafood at least thrice a week, ginger, garlic, soy-based products, walnuts, citric fruits, antioxidants like green tea, tomatoes, spices, low-fat dairy products and lemon.
- Eat Foods High in Fibre and Protein. The stomach and colon need to be kept clean during this period. This can be ensured by eating high fibre food and food rich in protein. Grains, pulses, and high fibre fruits like watermelon and papaya are good to eat during this time. They help to eliminate toxins from our body. They also increase our metabolic rate. The proteins in them help you keep your tummy fuller for long hours.
- Drink Enough Water. A person needs at least 1 litre of water per 20 kgs of his weight. Therefore one should make sure to eat an optimum quantity of water or at least 8 glasses of it. Also drinking a glass of water half an hour before meals is a nice trick to help proper food digestion. It will keep you hydrated, avoid constipation, and also increase metabolism.
Related Post: How to lose 10 pounds in 10 days
- Set Realistic Exercise Goals :- if your really want to learn on how to lose 20 pounds in a month for sure then exercising is a major part of the weight loss program.
- Focus on Cardio Training. Cardiovascular exercises help in increasing the heartbeat and improve your metabolism. This helps in fast weight loss, and it also makes the heart strong. Always perform an exercise in a combination.
- Try Interval Training. Include interval training in your exercise regime if you can. The sudden spurts of jogging or running for 10 seconds in between 5 minutes walk, help you to lose weight faster during cycling also, you can apply this technique by pedalling faster for a few seconds at regular intervals. These sports help you burn calorie faster. It will help you achieve your goal to burn 20 pounds in a month more realistic.