Caffeine is found in a number of things such as coffee, tea and even chocolate and has a number of effects. How Long does Caffeine Last in the Body is a common question we ask ourselves. The answer lies below-
- Caffeine can help to refresh your brain as well keeping you alert and awake.
- Caffeine has antioxidant effects that can help in slowing down the ageing process and eliminating free radicals from the body.
- Caffeine once ingested causes the kidneys to produce large amounts of urine which can be useful in removing toxins from the body.
- Preventing diabetes.Though caffeine increases blood sugar levels this is only for a short period of time as it increases the effectiveness of insulin thus preventing type 2 diabetes.
- Weight loss.Coffee has been known to boost metabolism and reduce heat in the body which is the best way to lose weight in time which is a very good application of coffee answering your question as to how long does caffeine last.
- Coffee is a natural stimulant that makes everyone happy and on their toes ready to enjoy.
How Long Does Caffeine Last in the Body?
Caffeine is metabolized in the body by the liver and is then distributed to every tissue in the body via the circulatory system in a matter of a good 45 minutes and then stays in your body for a long period of time. The half life of caffeine refers to the time taken for half the contents of caffeine to be eliminated from the body and is based on how healthy the body is. How Long does Caffeine Last in the Body-
- Caffeine last for about 4.5 hours in healthy adults.
- Caffeine last a good 9 to 11 hours in pregnant women.
- Caffeine tends to stay in the system of children longer than adults staying around for a good 30 hours or so before dissipating, putting the crown on the longest amount of time caffeine lasts in the system and giving you your answer as to how long does caffeine last.
- Caffeine may accumulate in the liver of people suffering from acute liver disease with the lasting life up to 96 hours.
What Is the Recommended Daily Amount of Caffeine?
There has been some research that has been carried out in the university of Japan that shows that drinking an amount of 100 to 150 mg of diluted coffee on a daily basis can help to solve a number of issues which may include gallstones, heart disease, Parkinson’s disease and so on. It has also been shown that people that do not drink coffee on a regular basis are more susceptible to the negative aspect that coffee has to offer. It also shows that men are affected more than women in regards to the negative aspect of coffee.
- Healthy adults. Healthy adults can enjoy 2 to 4 cups of coffee on a daily basis without worrying about any side affects. This includes at the most 3 to 4 cups on a daily basis which is not a concern when wondering how long does caffeine last.
- Pregnant women.During the period of your pregnancy drinking coffee must be strictly avoided because drinking coffee on a daily basis of approximately 2 to 3 cups a day may cause issues in the growth of the foetus.
- Children should never be introduced to coffee as it may cause long lasting effects. Teenagers may drink milk coffee only which is milk mixed with a tiny bit of coffee ( approx. 100 mg daily) in order to be safe at all times.
If you are influenced by coffee even in the slightest way, then even one cup of coffee or even one sip of caffeine can get you to feel jittery and excited.
How long does caffeine last in the body- effects and results
Drinking more than 4 cups of coffee on a daily basis can actually cause a number of effects in the body because that is inclusive of at least 500 mg of coffee on a daily basis. Some of the effects may include-
- Addictive feeling.People who plan to skip coffee entirely can go through feelings such as headaches, stress, insomnia, heartburn and many more symptoms that can come from the addiction of coffee..
- Coffee causes los of calcium in the body which will definitely lead to osteoporosis in no time. Thus people who drink coffee must keep a close eye on the levels of coffee that they intake and ask their physician how long does caffeine last in the body.
- Risk of myocardial infarction.Caffeine causes imbalances in the sugar levels in the body which causes heart attacks, easy to sweat symptoms, low blood sugar and so on. If women drink large amounts of coffee on a regular basis it could easily causes issues like myocardial infarction.
- Stomach pain.Coffee has been well known to increase gastric fluid secretion in the stomach which most commonly will cause stomach pain on varied levels.
- Abnormal fetal.Coffee has been known to cause abnormalities in the foetus which is why pregnant women must refrain from drinking coffee.
- Hard to conceive.It is a well known fact that drinking coffee may decrease your chances of getting pregnant.
- Tachycardia. Cutting down on caffeine must be a slow process as it may cause fatigue, stress and headaches if stopped suddenly. Try curbing your eating habits and curbing the intake of caffeinated drinks to one cup a day for the best results.
Cautions for Caffeine Intake
Given above are the consolidated benefits and advantages of caffeine on human health. It is very important that you take control of your caffeine intake today so as to avoid circumstances that may arise later. Given below are a few cautionary ways by which you can curb the intake of caffeine in order to embrace a healthy future-
- One of the most important things you must do is start paying attention to how much caffeine is present in the food and beverage that you intake on a daily basis and curb out the ones that contain high levels of caffeine.
- Cutting down of the drinking of coffee or tea on a daily basis will help you deal with caffeine addiction to a great extent. Try curbing your intake to maybe one cup daily for the best results. try to stay away from caffeinated drinks in the later stages of the day in order to curb the effects of how long does caffeine last.
- Caffeine in tea cannot be extracted much no matter how hard you try which is why you can always choose to drink caffeine free tea like herbal tea for the best results.
- Go for decaf coffee when you can which is noncaffeinated coffee.
- It is always necessary that you check any medication before using it. Some medication has over 130 mg of caffeine present in the solution which can be quite harmful to the body if you do not know what you are doing.
The query to How Long does Caffeine Last in the Body is now answered!