We spend a whole lot of money to buy hair care products. The products are loaded with chemicals and ingredients that may harm our hair, in the long run, definitely putting a dent in our pockets. But some people prefer to go for a more natural option for their hair care regime. These products are very hit in the market and are preferably cheaper than the others. One of the natural ingredients good for our hair is an egg. People use eggs for shiny hair. Eggs contain proteins, vitamin b, and some other crucial nutrients, that make your healthy and they feel lustrous and shiny. It has been used for ages.
Benefits of Egg for Hair
The egg contains proteins and vitamin b that strengthen the hair and promote its growth. It also contains some protecting and nourishing nutrients that help the hair to fight the harmful free radicals in the environment. The egg white keeps the hair and scalp clean with its bacteria-fighting enzymes. It also moisturizes your hair and leaves them with a healthy shine. The egg yolk contains:
- Some fatty acids that fight dandruff
- Hair fall preventing nutrients
- Nutrients that leaves the hair shiny and makes it glossy
- Vitamins A and E that retains moisture
- Vitamin D that promotes hair growth
- Vitamin B that improves blood circulation in the scalp.
Raw eggs can be used to make the most inexpensive yet most effective hair conditioner at home. Just break the egg in a bowl and whisk it lightly and apply it to the hair and scalp properly, making sure to cover the strands from roots to tips. Keep them on for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water. Follow this once in a week. It will give you healthy and shiny hair. Want to know how to use eggs for shiny hair?
Uses of Egg for Hair
- for All Hair Types
The conditioner made with eggs is useful for all hair types. Although, it should be kept in mind that egg white is beneficial for the oily hair whereas the egg yolk is good for the dry and brittle hair. The egg white makes that absorbs the oil from the hair and leaves them smooth and SHINY. People with normal hair are free to use the whole egg. Hence chose the part of the egg according to your hair type, apply half a cup in your damp hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off. A full egg treatment can be done once a month whereas an egg white treatment is enough bimonthly.
- For Dull Hair
After using some strong and harsh products that leave your hair dry and lackluster, using an egg conditioner will reverse the effect and make the hairs glossy and healthy. You can use it as a hair pack before shampooing also.
- For Itchy Scalp
For itchy scalp and dandruff caused by poor diet and pollution in the environment or the stress egg treatment once, a week will do wonders. Just apply the mix, let it settle for 20 minutes, and wash off with shampoo.
- For Fine Hair
To give your hair a fine quality and some volume, jus applies some egg mixed with sunflower or canola, and rinse it off after 15 minutes. Do this once a week.
- For Dry hair
Do this once a month. Use of hard water, sun exposure, ironing etc can make the hair dehydrated and dry causing hair fall. Using an egg yolk and honey or avocado mix on the hair for 20 minutes will help the hair to retain its moisture. Doing this once a month is enough.
- For Oily Hair
A once a week egg white treatment to your hair will help to reduce the oily texture of the hair. Apply it with a broad paddle brush and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with Luke-warm water.
- For Frizzy Hair
. If you are suffering from rough and frizzy hair, a pack or conditioner of beaten raw eggs will make you wonderful effects. It contains a perfect combination of proteins and vitamins to smoothen the hair. This can be done twice a week.
- For Residue-packed Hair
Some hair products leave their residue on the scalp that isn’t easily washed away by shampooing. This residue can be cleaned up with an egg conditioner. Leave it in the damp hair for 15 mins and wash off. Do this twice a week for the desired effect.
- For Hair Growth
Apart from the above-mentioned uses, an egg mix is also useful to stop hair fall and promote hair growth.
- Prevent Hair Loss. Apply a mixture of egg and a tablespoon of castor oil to the hair and scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it with cool water. It will make the hair strong from roots to tip, and reduce hair fall from the first application.
- Promote Hair Growth. Two types of a mix can be made to promote hair growth. A mix of egg and olive oil can be applied or a mix can be made with egg, yogurt, honey and lemon juice. Apply the mixture to damp hair and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Apply occasionally.
- For Hair-conditioning
There is a wide range of hair treatments with eggs that will suit you according to your hair needs.
- Egg Yolks and Avocado. This mix moisturizes your hair and helps the hair and scalp retain by locking it inside.
- Egg Yolks and Olive Oil. Two teaspoons of olive oil mixed with egg yolk makes a wonderful conditioner, making the hair smooth and shiny. A teaspoon of honey can be added to it.
- Beaten Egg Yolks. Just the egg yolk is a wonderful substitute to any chemical based conditioner for hair loss and scalp treatment.
- Egg Yolks and Almond Oil. Apply a mix of egg, a teaspoon of almond oil, and a tablespoon of yogurt and honey and leave it for 90 minutes. It will leave your hair lustrous and glossy.
- Egg Yolks and Castor Oil. A mix of an equal quantity of eggs and castor oil makes your hair smooth and moisturized properly.
- Egg Yolks and Linseed Oil. A mix of two teaspoon linseed oil and two egg yolks is good nourishment for dry hair. Keep them as long as desired but prevent drying it in your hair.
- Egg Yolks and Lavender Oil. Mix some lavender oil in the egg mixture and give a nice aromatic treatment to your hair.
- Egg Yolks and Lemon Juice. Egg yolks from two eggs mixed with two tablespoons of lemon juice is a good conditioner to make your hair smooth, soft and shiny.