What is lupus?

Pulkit Thakur

Just want to explain detailed aspect of my question, my best friend’s wife recently died from this diseases, Is there any possibilities that he might also be suffering from lupus? Or if he has it might get transferred to me?

I would want to know if lupus can be transmitted through sex or not, my primary question is what is lupus?

Is it curable?

Of late I have started feeling tired along with some bit of headache time and again, I feel dizzy and I have no idea what it is

Of my understanding it looks like some kind of skin disease, if anyone can explain lupus to me it would be great help!

Lupus is a chronic auto immune disorder that can harm any part of the body (skin, joints, or other important organs inside the body). Chronic implies that the signs and side effects tend to last longer than six weeks and frequently for a long time.

In lupus, something turns out badly with your immune system, which is the part of the body that battles off infections, microorganisms, and germs.

Typically, our immune system produces proteins called antibodies that shield the body from these intruders. Autoimmune implies your immune system can't differentiate between these outside intruders and your body's own healthy tissues and makes autoantibodies that harm these tissues.

These autoantibodies cause aggravation, torment, and harm in different parts of the body. Lupus is additionally an ailment of flares (the side effects decline and you feel sick) and remission (the indications enhance and you feel better).

These are some extra facts about lupus that you ought to know:

· Lupus is not infectious, not even through sexual contact. You can't "get" lupus from somebody or "give" lupus to somebody.

· Lupus is not like or related to tumor. Tumor is a state of malignant, anomalous tissues that grow quickly and spread into surrounding tissues.

· Lupus is an autoimmune disorder, as indicated previously. A few medications for lupus may include immunosuppressant sedates that are additionally used as a part of chemotherapy.

· Lupus is not like or identified with HIV (Human Immune Deficiency Virus) or AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). In HIV or AIDS the immune system does not function properly; In lupus, the immune system is overactive.

· Lupus may range from mild to fatal and must be dealt with by a doctor. With great medicinal care, majority of people with lupus can lead a healthy and complete life.

· Millions of people from all over the world suffer from the problem of Lupus. There has been no vast scale study done to demonstrate the real number of individuals in the world suffering from lupus.

· More than 16,000 new cases of lupus are diagnosed every year in the United States.

· Lupus strikes mostly females of childbearing age (15-44). Nonetheless, men, kids, and adolescents can have lupus, as well. A majority of people with lupus get the ailment between the ages of 15-44.

· Dark Colored women are 2-3 times more inclined to develop lupus than Caucasians.

· People of all races and ethnic groups can have lupus.

It is very important that you seek medical attention when the early signs of Lupus start appearing as the delay in the treatment can result in worsening of the condition.