Can Dogs Eat Bananas?

Can Dogs Eat Bananas?

• Total voters

garry420

This is an interesting question since i have never seen dogs eating banana, Now tell us Can Dogs Eat Bananas?

tnx

Linda Ray

Straight forward answer would be yes, Dogs can eat bananas.
My suggestion : I wouldn’t suggest anyone to feed their Dog with bananas (regularly) thou once in while its ok.
Reason:
  • Feeding on banana’s can lead them to constipation and we should avoid feeding dogs with peel.
  • Bananas are not toxic but they are difficult to digest for dogs and can lead to blockage when taken in large pieces.
  • Even if we try feeding them with banana once in the while we should watch out for weight changes, allergies and any sign of gastrointestinal system.

Bananas are very beneficial and tasty for humans. Several dishes are made from bananas such as smoothies, cereals, snacks, etc. But are bananas equally safe for dogs? The answer to this question is yes, bananas are safe for dogs but in moderate quantity.Bananas are rich source of potassium, manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C and other vital nutrients.

They contain low amount of sodium but high amount of sugar they can cause constipation in dogs if eaten in large amounts. Dogs should only eat bananas as a treat.They should not be fed banana peels in any case by their owners.