Once a person starts exercising they tend to want to learn more about different exercises that they could use in order to get better advantages out of their workouts. One such exercise is known as burpees and it combines three or four methods in order to work out your core to such an extent that it was named one of the best core exercises in the world and does well to help you lose weight and shred muscle faster than any other exercise available in the world. Burpees can be done in various ways and the best part is the more you do it the higher your endurance grows because this is primarily an endurance based exercise. Below we will help you with information on how many calories do burpees burn.
Calories Burned with Burpees and More Benefits
Burpees have been listed as one of the best core exercises in the world because it works on all areas of the body in a very adequate manner. Burpees have been proven to help an individual lose more than 50 percent of the calories they would normally lose using other exercises.
- this is a great exercise for strength training as it works on the core and other strength areas of the body quite well. It is easy to do and can be done at home without the help of any kind of machinery.
- this exercise works well on the core and other areas of the body as well making it an all round exercise. The best part is that this exercise works on the metabolism as well making you lose weight long after you have stopped the exercise.
- this exercise does well to increase endurance which is why it is an integral part of endurance training.
- this exercise does not need a machine to put into action. You can do it easily at home or anywhere you feel like for the best results when it comes to calories burned with burpees.
How Many Calories Do Burpees Burn?
The amount of calories that you tend to lose depends not only on your weight because a lot of weight will require a lot of energy to move but will also depend upon your conditioning level, metabolism and physical activity.
It is estimated that each burpee work out can help you to lose as much as 8 to 14 calories per minute but you must be ready to give it your all because the more time and pressure you put into doing tis the more the results you will tend to get.
Examples to show how calories burned with burpees can benefit the body when losing weight:
Doing burpees nonstop for an hour can help people of various weights to lose varying amounts of calories that can be very beneficial when trying to lose weight. For example a person weight about 250 lbs will lose not more than 375 calories when doing burpees for one hour and the best part is various weights tend to lose calories on various different levels making calories burned with burpees a proved concept.
Doing the math will tell you exactly how many calories you burn when you are doing a certain amount of burpees in a day, Doing the math will give you the calculated answer that you require.
How to Do Burpees
Since we now know how many calories burned with burpees are available now let us see how to do it.
- Basic Burpees
- Be in a standing position with your feet and shoulder width apart and then lower yourself into a squatting position with your hands in front of you at all times.
- Begin to kick your feet back in order to come to a push up position, allow your arms to maintain the weight of your body.
- Lower your chest and perform a push up after which you must start bringing your chest back up.
- Put your feet together like the original position, jump in the air and clap your hands together.
- 15 times you must repeat this process for the best results when it comes to calories burned with burpees.
- Burpees with Weight
- Assume a standing position with feet and shoulder width apart from each other and place two dumbbells on any side of your body.
- Go down to a squatting position with your hands out front to support your body weight.
- Kick your feet back and come to a push up position.
- Use your hands to bring your chest back up and perform a successful push up.
- First put your feet back into the original position then take dumbbells in each hand and lift them over your head till they touch each other.
- Begin by lowering the weights until they are on your side.
- 15 times is how much you need to repeat this exercise in order for calories burned with burpees.
The following video shows details on the instructions:
Adding intensity by variations of burpees
- If you feel that you want to increase the overall intensity of this exercise then go for long jump burpees that require you to jump forward and not upward.
- The other means of this exercise to pull your knees towards your chest as you make the jump.
- To help improve your endurance try starting out burpees over an obstacle.
- A similar way of going about this is jumping onto a box rather than jumping up and down. People used to doing burpees can do this with just one hand.
- The best part is the exercise can be done with holding two dumbbells in both your hands and carrying out calories burned with burpees.
- The other type of variation is the inclined or wall burpee which allows you to land on the table when you jump.
Burpees are a very flexible exercise that can be done before a workout or even after a full fledged workout because it does not put too much pressure on your body at any time. A burpee is a great way to top off any exercise and you know you are a pro after you complete 100 burpee challenge.
The video that is provided below will give you a detailed account of the different types of burpees you can do in one set and how to do them in the best way possible. The video also provides adequate set makeup and allows you to experiment with your burpee exercises for your own personalized results.