Avocado is hugely beneficial for the human body. Not only the fruit itself, but even its oil has great uses when it comes to dealing with skin problems. In fact, an avocado oil for skin treatment is the easiest way to get soft and silky skin without having ridiculous beauty parlor expenses. Apart from skin care treatment, avocado oil can also be used for scalp treatment and any kind of medicinal purposes as well.
Advantages of Avocado Oil for Skin Treatment
Avocado oil is a treasure trove of important nutrients and valuable minerals which can do wonders to our skin. An avocado oil skin treatment is just what you need to give your dry and cracked skin a kind of shine. However, before we delve into the details of its benefits, let us find out about the various nutrients that are present in the avocado oil.
- Antioxidants – Avocado oil has high levels of various antioxidants, such as vitamins A, D and E. Such high levels of antioxidants make avocado oil skin treatment perfect for dry and aging skin. It can also help in the treatment of extremely tanned and sun-damaged skin.
- Fats and proteins – Avocado oil has unsaturated fats and proteins, namely the omega-3 fatty acids. The omega-3 fatty acids can also be found in fish oil, and we all know how beneficial fish oil is for the skin. In the same way, its presence in avocado oil, along with a horde of other proteins and fats, makes it an amazing skin treatment agent.
- Potassium and Lecithin – These two minerals are known for their skin and hair benefits.
- Sterolin – Sterolin is an agent which is used in creams and lotions to make the skin soft and supple. It is present naturally in avocado oil, making the avocado oil for skin treatment the perfect solution for aging skin.
Now, let us have a look at how an avocado oil for skin treatment benefits our body.
- Skin moisturization – Avocado oil gets readily absorbed by the skin as soon as it is applied, which makes it the perfect agent for treating dry and parched skin. You can also use it to reduce signs of aging.
- Keeps skin plump – Avocado oil releases high levels of collagen when applied to the skin, thus increasing the softness of the applied region.
- Treatment of skin conditions – Avocado oil acts as a natural medicine for a number of skin problems like eczema and psoriasis. It also helps relieve skin burns and rashes and itchiness of the skin.
- Scalp treatment – Apart from its uses in skin treatment, avocado oil is also used treatment, especially if you have a dry and scaly scalp. In fact, if applied every day, avocado oil can promote hair growth and make your hair silky and strong.
Various uses of avocado oil
Avocado oil for skin treatment can be used externally in various ways. It can be used to treat dry skin and dry scalp. You can use it with the bath or use it individually on the affected area as well. However, before doing that, you need to find out if you are allergic to the oil itself. It is very rare for someone to be allergic to avocado oil, but you should always be sure. Just apply a few drops of the oil to your arm and rub it gently. Keep it on for a day or two and check if you develop any type of redness or itchiness in the area. If you don’t develop anything like that, you are free to use the oil in whichever way you like.
- Skin moisturization – Oil from the peel of avocado can be used as a moisturizing agent for the skin. You can add them to your facial paste and skin treatment mixtures and apply them to any part of the body, provided that you are not allergic to the oil. The best time to apply the avocado oil skin treatment paste is at night. That way you can keep the paste on your skin overnight and rinse it off the next morning, revealing smooth and soft skin.
- For a bath – The avocado oil skin treatment remedy can be incorporated in the bath as well. You just need to follow a simple recipe to create the perfect aromatherapy mixture to blend with your bath water. Heat 2 cups of almond oil and avocado oil gently, and when it is warm enough, turn off the heat and add around 2 or 3 bags of green tea to it. Cool the oil mixture, and then add some lavender oil, some chamomile oil, some rose oil and some ylang ylang. Add this oil mixture to your bath water and soak your body for 30 minutes to 40 minutes to have a relaxing aromatherapy bath.
- For rough and dry skin – Avocado oil and olive oil are soluble in each other and so can be mixed thoroughly to form a lotion for the dry skin. Using this oil mixture as an avocado oil for skin treatment solution twice a day can rejuvenate your dry skin and give it a glow unlike all other beauty products. You can even add some aromatherapy oil to the solution like jasmine oil, lavender oil and chamomile oil. This oil mixture can also help treat skin infections and allergies like eczema, and heal burnt areas.
- For the scalp – Avocado oil skin treatment solutions not only work on the skin but can also do wonders to our dry scalp. Using avocado oil as a hot oil treatment for the scalp is an effective way of healing dry and itching scalp and reducing hair fall. It also promotes healthy hair growth because the scalp absorbs the oil quite easily and quickly after application. To form the oil mixture, just heat two tablespoons of castor oil and avocado oil, and then massage the wet scalp with this hot oil mixture. Leave the mixture overnight and shampoo your hair thoroughly the next morning. You will see that your hair is soft and bouncy and has increased in volume.
- Age spots – Avocado oil is rich in sterolin, which is an important agent in any avocado oil skin treatment solution, since it helps reduce age spots and moisturizes the skin. All you have to do to make the required oil solution is mix 2 tablespoons of avocado oil with 2 tablespoons of castor oil and massage the solution over the age spots. Let it stay for around 15 minutes before washing the area with some warm water.
We have seen how avocado oil for skin treatment can be used externally to nourish our body in every way. Now we will find out how we can take it internally to help the body in other ways.
Avocado oil is very similar to olive oil not only in appearance and density but also in its nutritional values. However, what makes avocado oil a much preferable agent for skin and hair treatment is its lightness in comparison with olive oil. It also lacks the distinctive bitter taste that olive oil has, which makes it perfect for consumption as well.
You can add whole avocado or avocado oil to your salad as a dressing. Avocado oil in salads can absorb the carotenoid antioxidants released by the other fruits and vegetables, thus reducing risks of heart diseases. Avocado oil can also regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and helps in preventing cancer.
Apart from that, the various minerals and vitamins present in the avocado oil, when taken with the nutrients of the other fruits and vegetables in the salad, can nourish our skin from within, making it soft and supple with the perfect alkalinity. This is what makes the avocado oil skin treatment such an effective tool for getting glowing skin.
How to buy the perfect avocado oil?
Avocado oil works best for the avocado oil for skin treatment when it is organic and unrefined. You can buy unrefined organic avocado oil from any health store at very low prices. You can also use various blends of avocado oil, containing olive oil or garlic.